Westcraigs Junction (1860-1963)
Opened on the New Monkland Line (Monkland Railways).
Opened on the Shotts Branch (Monkland Railways).
This was the junction between the New Monkland Line (Monkland Railways) and the Hillhouserigg Railway. The branch was approached from the east. It was directly west of Westcraigs station and its goods yard. The main line was originally single track and the branch was single. The nearby station had a loop and the original junction box was on the eastbound platform.
In 1904 the signal box was replaced, on doubling of the main line. The box was on the south side of the line, which was three lines wide - the double track and, on the south side, the headshunt of the goods yard. The branch set off south west with the three lines and quickly dropped to a single.
The branch closed in 1963. The box survived until the line was singled in 1979. It closed in 1982.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
Other railway and industry locations
Westrigg Colliery Pits Nos 2 and 3
Blackrigg No 2 Colliery
Southrigg Colliery Pits Nos 7 and 8
Barblues Colliery No 10
Blackrigg No 1 Colliery
Benhar Colliery Pit No 21
Coal and Ironstone Pit
Coal and Ironstonw Pit
Woodend Colliery Pit No 4
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|