Wellesley Colliery Lochhead Colliery
Served by the Wemyss Private Railway.
This was a redevelopment and expansion of the Wellesley Colliery Lady Lilian Pit. The pithead buildings were rebuilt and a new shaft sunk in 1890.
The pit was served by the Wemyss Private Railway and there was an old connection to the Wemyss and Buckhaven Railway.
To the south west was a line to the Wellesley Colliery Hugo Pit.
The site is now derelict and overgrown.
Thornton Junction [W&BR]
Glenrothes with Thornton
Other railway and industry locations
Wellesley Colliery Lady Lilian Pit
Wellesley Colliery Duncan Pit
Wellesley Colliery Hugo Pit
Scott^s Road Depot
Michael Colliery Pits Nos 1,2
Den Crossing Black Box Signal Box
Wellesley Colliery Victoria Pit
Wellesley Colliery Lady Pit
East Wemyss Level Crossing
Wemyss Castle [Castle]
West Wemyss Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways Of Scotland 1: The Kingdom of Fife DVD - Cinerail
The Railways of Fife
The Wemyss Private Railway or Mr.Wemyss Railways (Oakwood Library of Railway History)