Washington [N and CAR] (1837-1847)
Opened on the Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This station was located in Washington, just east of Ardler station and west of Ardler Junction.
After conversion to standard gauge and doubling a siding remained here on the north side, approached from the east.
The siding was closed by 1900.
Washington is now known as Ardler.
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Stormont Loch Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Hatton Engine House
Ardler West Level Crossing
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|