Wallyford Brick Works (1924-1972)
Served by the Wallyford Colliery Railway.
This brick works was near the end of a short branch which also served Wallyford Colliery Pit No 1 (to the north east) and Wallyford Colliery Pit No 3 (to the south east). The works was in the south east of the village of Wallyford. Today its site is a small industrial estate.
The short standard gauge mineral line ran north and then north west to meet the still open former North British Railway (now the East Coast Main Line) at Wallyford [1st] where there were exchange sidings. The works survived the branch which closed around 1961.
The site was new in 1924, although there had been previous brick works in the area. The older pits in Wallyford dated from 1857.
Other railway and industry locations
Wallyford Brick Works
Wallyford Colliery Pit No 3
Wallyford Colliery Pit No 1
Morrison^s Haven Junction
Carberry Colliery Pits Nos 2 and 3
North Field Colliery
Inveresk Mills (Paper)
Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum
Inveresk Lodge Garden
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|