Wallyford [1st] (1866-1867)
Opened on the North British Railway.
Opened on the Wallyford Colliery Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a short lived station. It was west of today's Wallyford station and north west of today's village.
A signal box, Wallyford, controlled junction and exchange sidings for the line which ran south and east to Wallyford Colliery and Wallford Brick Works. The box closed in 1961, with the closure of the line to the brick works.
Niddrie Junction [2nd]
Other railway and industry locations
Wallyford Brick Works
Wallyford Colliery Pit No 3
Wallyford Colliery Pit No 1
Morrison^s Haven Junction
Carberry Colliery Pits Nos 2 and 3
Inveresk Mills (Paper)
Esk Net Mills
Inveresk Lodge Garden
Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian