This was a single platform station on the south bank of the Tweed, connected to Walkerburn by a road bridge. The Tweedholm Mills sat on the low ground on the north bank with the village above.
The station's platform was on the north side (town site) of the single track directly west of a level crossing. The goods yard, with looped sidings and a stone built goods shed, was to the west of the station, on the south side of the line. A railway cottage was to the south and a footbridge from the platform crossed the line by the level crossing.
The station building, a single storey, was in typical North British Railway style, but in stone and brick, not timber.
The signal box (1895), in the goods yard on the north side of the main railway, became a ground frame in 1932, but signalling remained until closure.
The station building and railway cottage are now private houses and the goods shed still stands.
Angling Club Cottage
Abbotsford Ferry [1st]
| Haughhead Viaduct|
Waverley Woolen Mills
Innerleithen Food Depot Siding
Robert Smail's Printing Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Forgotten Railways: Scotland