Opened on the Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway).
This was a single platform station with a goods yard on its south side, approached from the west.
The platform was on the south side of the line with a timber Great North of Scotland Railway style station building.
A signal box opened with the station andwas replaced with a ground frame in 1896.
The station and line closed in 1968.
After surviving closure relatively intact until the late 1980s, the site has been cleared for housing. The road overbridge at the east end of the station has been removed.
The next station west was Calcots and the next east Garmouth.
Greens of Drainie
Rifle Range Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Fochabers Town Shed
Elgin Gas Works
Elgin Shed [2nd]
Elgin East Junction
Elgin East Coal Yard
Elgin Shed [1st]
Elgin Centre Signal Box
Linksfield Level Crossing
Tugnet Ice House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|12/08/1885||Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Lossie Junction (Morayshire Railway) to Garmouth opened. Stations opened: Calcots, Urquhart and Garmouth.
Banff, Moray and Nairn's Lost Railways
|Moray Coast Railways|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway