Opened on the Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway).
This was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single line. The main station building was on the eastbound platform.
There was a goods yard to the east of the station, approached from the south.
Two boxes opened with the station. The west box was at the north end of the eastbound platform, the east at the south end of the westbound platform, opposite the goods yard turn out. The west box closed in 1930, taken over by the east which was renamed just 'Calcots'.
The station, box and line closed in 1968.
The eastbound platform survives, almost as a boundary wall for a field. Much of the site is now given over to houses. The station cottage remains at the north end by what was a level crossing.
Easter and Wester Calcots are on the west bank of the River Lossie. The Bridge of Lossie, just to the south of the former station, gives access.
Greens of Drainie
Rifle Range Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Elgin Gas Works
Elgin Shed [2nd]
Elgin East Coal Yard
Elgin Shed [1st]
Linksfield Level Crossing
Glen Moray Distillery
Glen Elgin Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|12/08/1885||Moray Coast Railway (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Lossie Junction (Morayshire Railway) to Garmouth opened. Stations opened: Calcots, Urquhart and Garmouth.
Banff, Moray and Nairn's Lost Railways
|Moray Coast Railways|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway