Three Cocks Junction

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Three Cocks Junction (1864-1962)

, Wales
Opened on the Mid Wales Railway.
Opened on the Hay Railway.

Description

This was a four platform junction station. The junction was to the south.

On the trackbed and to the north east on the former Hay Railway (later the Hereford, Hay and Brecon Railway) is the Old Railway Line Garden Centre

Tags

Station 12/01/2020

Facilities

Gaelic name: Aberllynfi

Dates

  /  /1860Hay Railway
Divided. Hay to Three Cocks Junction was owned jointly by the Hereford, Hay and Brecon Railway and the Mid Wales Railway. Three Cocks Junction to Talyllyn was owned by the Mid Wales Railway. Talyllyn to Brecon was owned by the Brecon and Merthyr Railway. Hay to Eardisley was owned by the Hereford, Hay and Brecon Railway.