Shore Road Goods Signal Box (1888-1900)
Shore Road Signal Box [NB] (1900-1948)
Stirling East Signal Box (1948-1964)
Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
Shore Road Goods box was to the north of Shore Road Level Crossing [NB] and just south of Stirling Forth Viaduct [SandD]. The box was located on the west side of the NB line (with its back to the CR line).
The box controlled access to Shore Road Shed [NB] and Shore Road Goods which were to the south and approached from the north. Both were located north of the station and Shore Road. The yard and shed were approached by a single line with a short head shunt on the east side of the line.
The box was replaced with Shore Road Signal Box [NB] in 1900. The older box had been just to the south of the new box.
At some point the box was renamed Stirling East.
Stirling East box closed in 1964 along with the goods yard and shed.
There is no junction or box here today but the railway to Alloa has re-opened to passengers and it continues beyond to Dunfermline Lower via Kincardine.
Between 1906 and 1907 there was a temporary Shore Road North Signal Box to the north of Stirling Forth Viaduct [SandD].
Abbeycraig Level Crossing
Bridge of Allan
Bridge of Allan [1st]
Menstrie and Glenochil
Other railway and industry locations
Stirling East Signal Box
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SandD]
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SCR]
Stirling Shed [NB]
Stirling New Bridge Signal Box
Forth and Clyde Junction [Stirling]
Shore Road Shed [NB]
Shore Road North Signal Box
Stirling North Junction
Shore Road Goods [NB]
Wallace Street Mineral Depot
Stirling Old Bridge
Shore Road Level Crossing [NB]
Shore Road Level Crossing [CR]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|