South Queensferry [2nd] (1878-1890)
South Queensferry Halt (1919-1929)
Opened on the Port Edgar Extension (North British Railway).
Opened on the South Queensferry Branch (North British Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a single platform minor station. The timber platform was on the north side of the line. There was a waiting shelter at the west end of the platform and also at the west end the signal for the line to Port Edgar and the goods yard, formerly the terminus of the line, South Queensferry [1st]. There was a siding to the east. This station replaced the terminus. It closed with the opening of the Forth Bridge Railway and Forth Bridge [Station] and later re-opened.
The site is now a footpath/cyclepath with nothing of the station to be seen.
South Queensferry Halt
South Queensferry [1st]
North Queensferry [1st]
Edinburgh Airport [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Port Edgar Harbour
North British Creosote Works
Dalmeny Oil Works
Dalmeny South Junction
Royal Elizabeth Yard
Forth Bridge North Signal Box
St Margaret^s Tunnel
Carlingnose Submarine Mining Pier
Port Laing Submarine Mines Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|