Slitrig Viaduct (1862-1969)
Opened on the Border Union Railway (North British Railway).
This six arch double track viaduct, also known as Lynnwood Viaduct, was south of Hawick [2nd].
The viaduct crossed Slitrig Water and the road now called the B6399
It was demolished in October 1982. Approach to the site on the trackbed from either side is intact.
Other railway and industry locations
Hawick Gas Works
Hawick North Signal Box
Stobs Military Camp
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Border Country Branch Line Album
Border Railway Portfolio
Borders Railway Rambles
Carlisle to Hawick: The Waverley Route (Scml)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Hawick 1897: Roxburghshire Sheet 25.07 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Roxburghshire)
Last Years of the Waverley Route
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Railways Of Scotland 2: The Waverley Route DVD - Cinerail
The North British Railway a History
The Waverley Route Through Time
The Waverley Route: The District Controller's View 'Edinburgh (Waverley) - Carlisle Via Hawick'
Waverley Route: The battle for the Borders Railway
Waverley Route: The Life, Death and Rebirth of the Borders Railway
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route