Sighthill Yard Junction

Location type

Junction

Name and dates

Sighthill Yard Junction

Opened on the Sighthill Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway).

Description

At this junction the goods lines within Sighthill Goods split into west sidings (the good sheds) and various stabling sidings to the east. To the north was Sighthill Goods Junction.

The signal box was on the east side of the line. (At the rear, east side, was the approach to Sighthill Yard from Sighthill Goods Junction to the north.)

In 1958 the yard was closed for re-building in 1961, after which it was approached from the east from Sighthill East Junction [1st].

Tags

Junction 04/06/2019