Scott's Road Depot

Location type

Loco shed

Name and dates

Scott's Road Depot (1901-1970)

Opened on the Wemyss Private Railway.


This depot consisted of a locomotive shed, workshops and wagon workshops. The depot belonged to the Wemyss Estate's Wemyss Private Railway and was located on that system in the west of East Wemyss, just to the west of Wemyss Castle station on the neighbouring Wemyss and Buckhaven Railway.

The depot was bounded to the north by the [[Wemyss and Buckhaven Railway and to the south by the Wemyss Private Railway.

To the west on the private railway were the Scott's Road Sidings from which a line ran south to the Michael Colliery.

Approach to the depot was from the west.

The depot site has been cleared, around 1995, and is now housing.


Shed workshops


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

Fife's Lost Railways

Railways Of Scotland 1: The Kingdom of Fife DVD - Cinerail

The Railways of Fife

The Wemyss Private Railway or Mr.Wemyss Railways (Oakwood Library of Railway History)