Sauchie Colliery Signal Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Sauchie Colliery Signal Box

Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.


Description

This signal box was a short distance north of Alloa [1st] on the branch to Tillicoultry. It controlled access to the Sauchie Colliery mineral line which ran east to Alloa Colliery Jellyholm Pit and Sherriffyards Colliery.

The box was on the east side of the main line, a double track railway. The single track mineral line ran north east from the junction, with Sauchie Siding close to the junction, before turning east towards Gartmorn Dam and the mines.

The colliery line was cut back to the junction but retained as a siding.

The signal box closed in 1954 with the closure of the siding.

03/06/2019

Tags

Signal box