Ruchill Goods

Location type

Sidings

Name and dates

Ruchill Goods (1879-1965)

Opened on the Ruchill Goods Branch (North British Railway).

Description

This goods terminus was to the east of the Forth and Clyde Canal in Maryhill. Ruchill House was to the east. It was at the end of a short branch from Possilpark Junction.

Nearby the terminus were various works including the MacLellan Glasgow Rubber Works, Caledonian Foundry, Glasgow Lead and Colour Works and the Ruchill Iron Works, none of which were directly served by the line.

The branch closed in 1965, a stub of it remaining open until 1971.

The site is now housing. Tamshill Road crosses a large two span bridge which former crossed the throat of the goods yard.

Tags

Goods yard sidings

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map


Dates

20/07/1963Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway
Ruchill Goods and Hospital Branch closed.