This low profile six arch double track viaduct crosses the River Garnock between the former Bogside station (to the north) and Irvine station (to the south).
The overall length is 300 ft, the viaduct is 32 ft high.
The engineers were Thomas Grainger and John Miller.
The viaduct is in use and line electrified.
Bogside Moor Halt
Irvine Bank Street
| Bogside Siding|
Scottish Maritime Museum
Bogside Coal Pit No 1
Bartonholm Sand Pits
Eglinton Colliery No 1 Pit
Bartonholm Coal Pit No 1
Redburn Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Celebrating Queen Victoria
The Queen's Bridge's name is to celebrate the coronation of Queen Victoria on the 28th of June 1838, when the foundation stone of the bridge was laid.