This station was west of Balmore Road. Nothing remains to be seen of it today. It was a basic station with platforms and shelter. After the Great War it was an unadvertised station.
It was south of the competing former Possil station.
A modern station, Possilpark and Parkhouse, has opened to the east of the original Possilpark station.
There was a goods yard to the south, accessed by reversal from the Ruchill Goods Branch (North British Railway). Access to the branch and goods was from Possilpark Junction to the immediate west of the station controlled by a signal box at the west end of the station on the eastbound platform.
The station closed in 1950 and the signal box was removed in 1977. The double track line remains open.
Possilpark and Parkhouse
St Georges Cross [Subway]
| Possilpark Goods|
North Western Engineering Works
Possil Old Quarries
Clydesdale Iron Works [Possil Park]
Lambhill Iron Works
Firhill Timber Basin
Lochburn Iron Works
Lochburn Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1887||Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway|
|01/01/1917||Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway|
Possilpark closed to regular services, retained for workman trains
|/07/1971||Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway|
Possilpark closed to goods.
|02/12/1993||Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway|
Glasgow Queen Street High Level to Maryhill re-opened for local passenger service (Stations at; Maryhill, Lambhill, Summerston, Possilpark, Ashfield), trains continue to Knightswood West Junction to swap tracks.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)