Peterhead Harbour (1862-1939)
Opened on the Formartine and Buchan Railway.
The branch to the harbour served Port Henry, the west side of the North Harbour (with a timber yard and line onto the centre pier, Scotts Pier, accessed by turnplates) and the west side of the South Harbour.
The railway to the harbour left Peterhead station goods yard and skirted the town to the north, approaching the harbour from the north. It was cut back to Port Henry, where a new set of sidings was prepared around 1900, before final closure in 1939.
The slaughterhouse to the north of the harbour was also served.
Bullers O^ Buchan Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Abbey of Deer Halt
Other railway and industry locations
HM Prison Peterhead
Peterhead Power Station
Stirling Hill Quarry
Cruden Bay Brick and Tile Works
Water of Cruden Viaduct
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|