Panbride Signal Box

Location type

Place

Name and dates

Panbride Signal Box (-1908)

Opened on the Dundee and Arbroath Railway.

Description

This signal box was between Carnoustie (to the west) and Easthaven (to the east). The box was on the south side of the line alongside a trailing crossover and siding making a trailing connection to the eastbound line. This sidings served the Panbride Bleachfield which had further sidings accessed by turnplates.

Later Ordnance Survey maps mark the site Agricultural Engineering Works.

The signal box closed in 1908. It was replaced by a ground frame which lasted until 1950.

Tags

Signal box