Newbigging Siding (1901-1915)
Opened on the Aberdour Line (North British Railway).
This was an interchange loading point with the Carron Company (Carron Iron Works) Newbigging Limestone Mine. It was west of Burntisland on the shoreline..
There was a siding on the north side of the line, approached from the east. This served a loading bank from which a tramway ran to the limestone mine. Before the railway opened in 1890 the tramway ran to Carron Harbour on the shoreline.
A signal box opened here in 1901 on the south side of the line, opposite the points for the siding.
The box was replaced in 1915 - but the replacement box was further east at the sidings for the Burntisland Aluminium Works.
Granton Gasworks [Station]
Other railway and industry locations
Newbigging Limestone Mine
Newbiggin Signal Box [2nd]
Burntisland Aluminium Works
Burntisland Locomotive Workshops
Burntisland East Junction
Orrock Hill Quarry
Burntisland Pier [2nd]
Burntisland Pier [1st]
St Colm^s Abbey
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|