Munlochy

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Munlochy (1894-1951)

Opened on the Fortrose Branch (Highland Railway).


Description

This was a single platform station. The platform was on the south side of the line.

The goods yard was to the east, approached from the west, on the south side of the line. A goods shed was reached by reversal.

The station was just to the north of the town, which has since expanded to the site.

The station site is now a playground, the goods yard housing.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map