Motherwell North Signal Box (-1960)
This signal box was north west of Motherwell Junction station (closed 1885) and south east of Motherwell station. It was on the main line and on the south/west side of the line just south of the Merry Street overbridge.
The box was replaced in 1920 (the new box being a little to the south east and between the goods yard lines and main line).
The box was closed in 1968. The goods yard was closed.
Other railway and industry locations
Hamilton Road Signal Box
Motherwell Colliery No 3 Watsonville Colliery
Motherwell South Signal Box
Motherwell Signalling Centre
Dalzell Malleable Iron Works
Dalzell Steel Works
Parkneuk Colliery No 1 and 2
Motherwell Colliery Pit No 2
Motherwell Parkneuk Steelworks
Motherwell Workshops Signal Box
Motherwell Malleable Iron Works
Park Street Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|