Marshall Meadows Signal Box

Location type

Place

Name and dates

Marshall Meadows Signal Box

Opened on the North British Railway.

Description

This signal box was north of Berwick-upon-Tweed and south east of Marshall Meadows House and south of the Marshall Meadows Deviation.

The box was on the east side of the line. There was a trailing cross-over.

The box was replaced in 1921. With the resignalling of the Berwick-upon-Tweed area the box was taken over by Tweedmouth Power Box in 1961.

Tags

Signal box cross-over

Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)

Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)

Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967

Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland

Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons
North British Railway in Northumberland, The

North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)

North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)

Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes

South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)

The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway

The North British Railway a History
The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)

Vanished Railways of West Lothian