This was a two platform station. The main building, a single storey, was on the up platform.
The goods yard was to the north, east side, accessed from the south.
The signal box was at the north end of the southbound platform.
The station closed in 1951 and the box was closed in 1961 when the new box at Stanley Junction took over.
The railway remains open as a double track line. With the closure of the Strathmore Main Line in 1967 it is no longer on the main line to Aberdeen but is on the main line route north to Inverness.
The bulk of Luncarty village is relatively new, buillt after the station closed. Luncarty House is to the east of the former station.
Perth Glasgow Road
Perth Glasgow Road [Temporary]
Perth Princes Street
Almond Valley Junction
Perth New Yard
Almondbank Naval Stores
Muirton Cold Store
Dovecotland Oil Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|