Lochluichart

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Lochluichart (1954-)

Opened on the Lochluichart Deviation (British Railways).

Open on the Kyle Line.


Description

This is a single platform station. The platform is on the north side of the single track. A disused station building from the 1954 opening still stands. There was a siding at the west end.

This is the third station at the west end of Lochluichart.

This station was opened when the original course of the railway was flooded by the raising of Loch Luichart when it became a reservoir. The alignment is slightly to the north of the original line. Lochluichart [2nd] was on this alignment, a little to the south.

Lochluichart [1st] was a private station to the east, just south of Lochluichart Lodge.

03/03/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67