Leason Hill (1838-1847)
Opened on the Newtyle, Eassie and Glamiss Railway.
This station was located between Newmill and Ingliston farms, to the west of Eassie station. It closed with the re-gauging of the line as part of the Scottish Midland Junction Railway.
The name is possibly a variation of Ingliston Hill, which is to the south east. No nearby structure or hill seems to be called Leason, or a variation of the name (presently or in the past).
Nothing remains of the railway here except a gentle kink in the road which formerly passed under a bridge and a single fence line stretching away east and west, it had bounded the line on the north side. The line had been raised on an embankment which has been lowered and ploughed out.
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Washington [N and CAR]
Other railway and industry locations
Forfar Road Level Crossing [Eassie]
Hatton Engine House
Eassie Sculptured Stone
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|