Lasswade Viaduct (1867-1964)
Opened on the Esk Valley Railway.
This single track disused six arch viaduct is on a gentle curve. It was immediately south of Lasswade station.
This was a high viaduct, not far west the line crossed the River North Esk again, this time by a girder bridge next to the Kevock Paper Mills.
Eskbank and Dalkeith
Rosewell and Hawthornden
Other railway and industry locations
St Leonards Mill
Bonnyrigg Carpet Factory
Polton No 2 Signal Box
Polton Colliery No 1
Polton Colliery No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)