Lasswade

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Lasswade (1868-1951)

Opened on the Esk Valley Railway.


Description

This was a single platform station. The platform was on the north side of the line.

There was a goods yard at the west end, approached from the west. This served a gas works.

Slightly further west is the disused Lasswade Viaduct. To the east was the Lasswade Tunnel.

There were iron ore mines in the vicinity.


Tags

Station