This double track 14 arch masonry viaduct crosses the River Carron south of Larbert station and north of Larbert Junction. It is 645 ft long overall and 60 ft high.
At the north end the viaduct formerly crossed a mill lade which run east to the Carron Iron Works.
There was a temporary signal box here in 1928.
The viaduct^s arches have been braced with old rails.
The engineers were Joseph Locke and John Errington.
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
| Larbert Junction|
Carmuirs East Junction
Denny West Junction
Larbert Iron Works
Alexander Dennis Bus Factory
Carmuirs West Junction
Stenhousemuir Signal Box
SSEB Bonnywater Electricity Siding
Rough Castle Tar Works
Camelon Chemical Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The dedication tablet from 1846, on the north side of the 5th pier counting from the north, reads:
Anne Morkill (1814 - 1864) was the first wife of the resident engineer for the line, James Falshaw.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)