This was a station, exchange platform and junction. A very low platform stood in the 'V' of the junction with a building, probably a railway employee's house. The platform had one face on the main line and another on the branch. The junction dates from 1855 with the opening of the Kirriemuir Branch (Scottish Midland Junction Railway) which met the 1848 Scottish Midland Junction Railway.
There was a siding to the south, approached from west of the junction. A tall signal box stood to the south at the junction, allowing a view over the farm access bridge which crossed just east of the junction.
There was a loop on the branch as originally laid out. Later this was a double track junction, the branch to Kirriemuir rapidly becoming a single track just beyond the junction.
There was no public access, accept by train.
The junction station was short lived, closing in 1864. The low platform remained.
The branch closed to passengers in 1952. The branch, and box, closed in 1965. The main line closed to passengers in 1967 but remained open as a single track goods line to Forfar until 1982.
The formation remains today, with the cutting now slightly infilled.
| Drumgley Siding|
Turfbeg Road Bridge
Forfar South Junction
Canmore Jute Works
Station Linen Works
Forfar Shed [1st]
Forfar North Junction
St Orland's Stone
Loch of Forfar
J M Barrie's Birthplace
Peter Pan Park
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Kirriemuir to Forfar (Kirriemuir Junction) closed to passengers.
|21/06/1965||Kirriemuir Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Kirriemuir to Kirriemuir Junction (excluded) closed to goods.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|