This line is closed. It was a single track 3 mile railway which served Kirriemuir and an agricultural area with an otherwise low population. It ran out from Kirriemuir Junction on the Strathmore Main Line. The branch was approached from Forfar [2nd], to the east.
These locations are along the line.
This was a station, exchange platform and junction. A very low platform stood in the ^V^ of the junction with a building, probably a railway employee^s house. The platform had one face on the main line and another on the branch. A second short platform was on the southbound main line. The junction dates from 1855 with the opening of the Kirriemuir Branch (Scottish Midland Junction Railway) ...More details
This was a terminus built at Wellbank in the east of Kirriemuir, opened in 1855. Latterly it had a main platform, on the north side of the line, with a loop and a short bay on the north side. Sidings were on either side of the line and there was a locomotive shed at the east end Kirriemuir Shed.