Kevock Mill (1851-1930)
Served by the Esk Valley Railway.
This paper mill was on the north bank of the River North Esk south west of Lasswade. It was served by the Esk Valley Railway from 1867.
A siding, on the south side of the line, approached the mill from the west. This ran through the mill site and a short siding at the east end was reached by reversal.
To the west was a girder bridge over the River North Esk and further to the east the Lasswade Viaduct.
The mill closed before the railway which closed in 1964.
The site is now a small industrial estate.
Rosewell and Hawthornden
Eskbank and Dalkeith
Other railway and industry locations
St Leonards Mill
Bonnyrigg Carpet Factory
Polton Colliery No 1
Polton No 2 Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)