Kelso Viaduct (1851-1964)
Opened on the Kelso Branch (North British Railway).
This was a three arch double track viaduct to the east of Kelso station. The viaduct crossed the Wooden Burn close to Maxwellhaugh.
Construction of this viaduct may have delayed entry into the station from west and east leading to the temporary terminus at Wallace Nick and use of Sprouston as a terminus briefly.
The bridge was demolished in 1998 to make way for the Kelso Bypass which also runs through, and led to the clearance of, the station site.
Other railway and industry locations
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Berwick to St. Boswells: Via Kelso Including the Jedburgh Branch (Country Railway Routes)
Kelso 1919: Roxburghshire 10.02 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Roxburghshire)
The Waverley Route: The District Controller's View 'Edinburgh (Waverley) - Carlisle Via Hawick'