Junction Road (1869-1917)
Junction Road (1919-1923)
Junction Bridge (1923-1947)
Opened on the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway.
This unusual station had a single platform on a double track line. The platform was west of Great Junction Street on the south side of the line with the Water of Leith directly to the south. At the west end was Junction Road Bridge signal box where a line ran south to Junction Mills, approach being from the east.
A second platform was not possible due to the constrained site and there were crossovers at both ends of the station.
The station was on the approach to North Leith entering North Leith Tunnel after the line ran east under Great Junction Street, but not before throwing off a siding to the north east to serve a coal depot just south of Coburg Street.
The station closed in 1947 and line in 1968.
The trackbed is now a footpath.
Leith Walk [CR]
Newhaven [Leith New Lines]
Other railway and industry locations
North Leith Tunnel
Leith Engine Works
North Leith Goods
Leith West Old Dock
Leith East Old Dock
Leith North Goods
Bonnington Goods Junction / Graham Street Junction
Midlothian Oatmeal Works
Leith Victoria Dock
Victoria Brass Foundry
Bowling Green Street Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|