Imperial Cottages Halt (1959-1965)
Opened on the Strathspey Railway.
This halt was alongside the Imperial Cottages and to the west of the Imperial Distillery and Carron station. The distillery cottages were built on the north side of the line.
The halt was built by British Railways to increase passenger traffic on the line.
Little remains of the halt other than an London and North Eastern Railway 'Do not trespass' sign.
This was the location of the west distant signal for Carron.
Knockando House Halt
Gilbey^s Cottage Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Bridge of Carron
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book