Opened on the Cornhill Branch (North Eastern Railway).
This was a single platform station with a loop. The platform was on the north side of the loop, the southern track being a goods bypass. The station building was of two storeys, typical of the line. This had a long glazed porch on the platform side.
There was a large goods yard on the north side, approached from the east, with a goods store and loading banks.
The east end of the station was crossed by a road bridge carrying the A697.
The signal box, at the east end of the platform, was part stone part timber, similar to others on the line and the former box which survives at Norham.
The station closed to passengers in 1930, the line north to Wooler closed in 1948 and complete closure was in 1953.
The station building survives, in use a a house. The road bridge has been replaced by a re-aligned A697.
Idlerton is a village to the south. Lilburn Tower is to the north east. Lilburn Tower
Ford Forge Mill
Other railway and industry locations
Haugh Head Crossing
Kirknewton Crossing [NER]
Bendor Level Crossing
Budle Point Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|