Ibrox [Govan Platforms] (1868-1967)
Opened on the Govan Branch (Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
There were two curving platforms on the Govan Branch at the junction with the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway, just before when Ibrox station opened on the main line (1870) on the site of Bellahouston [1st]. The two lines met at Ibrox Junction, immediately to the east.
Alternative opening date 1871, after the branch opened.
The main line was quadrupled, originally being double track. The Govan branch was double track.
The Govan line survived the station, which is entirely demolished, and closed in 1972.
Ibrox House was just to the north of the station.
Ibrox Stadium is located nearby.
Ibrox [Govan Platforms]
Ibrox Excursion Platforms
Bellahouston Park Halt
Kinning Park [Subway]
Other railway and industry locations
Moore Park Boiler Works
British Polar Diesel Engine Works
Govan Engine Shed
Bellahouston Cleaning Shed
Bellahouston Carriage Sidings
Howden Craigton Works
House for an Art Lover
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|