This is a two platform station.
The station was built when the railway had four lines, which explains the large distance between the platforms. The line was reduced to two but has now increased to three, the third allowing non stop running.
The station was built to serve the then (1940) new Hillington Industrial Estate.
King George V Dock Platform
| Hillington Brick Works|
Penilee Signal Box
Hillington Timber and Fireproofing Works
Cardonald Engineering Works
Hillington Gas Works Coal Tippler
Ralston Signal Box
Hillington Industrial Estate
Hillington Tube Works
Ralston Brick Works
Shieldhall Scrap Yard
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways