This was a one platform station, on a single track mainline, with a timber station building. The platform was on the east side of the line. The small village of Guay was to the north east, some of which has been obliterated by the building of the modern A9. At its site, the line follows the east bank of the River Tay.
North of the station was an occupational level crossing.
There was a goods yard, a pair of sidings and goods shed, to the south. It was on the east side of the line and accessed from the south.
Until 1903 there was a signal box on the east side alongside the goods yard turn out.
The station closed to passengers and goods in 1959.
Portions of the platform and loading bank can still be traced.
The station was relatively close to Dalguise which was to the south but on the west side of the River Tay.
Dunkeld and Birnam
| Dalguise Viaduct|
Beatrix Potter Garden
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/06/1863||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway
Dunkeld to Pitlochry opened. Stations opened at Dalguise, Guay, Ballinluig, Pitlochry.
|03/08/1959||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2