This is one of the principal docks in the port of Grangemouth, located towards its eastern end. It is chiefly involved in container traffic. The dock was opened in 1906, built on a site to the south of the course of the River Carron.
The dock has a canting basin at its east end. Entry to the basin is via the Grangemouth Eastern Channel to the east. The basin leads to two areas to the west separated by the Grange Dock Tongue: the northern is the Grangemouth Western Channel leading to the Carron Dock, the southern the Grange Dock warehouses.
Manuel Low Level
Manuel High Level
| Grangemouth No 5 Signal Box (East Cut)|
Gas Oil Exchange Sidings
Grangemouth Oil (Gas) Terminal
BP Chemicals Junction
Grangemouth No 4 Signal Box (West Cut)
Grangemouth New Oil Terminal
Grangemouth Docks Shed
Grangemouth No 3 Signal Box
Grangemouth Western Channel
Grangemouth Eastern Channel
Grangemouth Eastern Channel Timber Basin
Firth of Forth
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1897||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
New Dock and entrance channel authorised for the Caledonian Railway. This will be the Grange Dock, linked to the existing Carron Dock by the Grangemouth Western Channel and itself approached by the Grangemouth Eastern Channel.
|/ /1903||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
Further time granted to complete Grange Dock.
|12/09/1904||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
New lines at the Grange Dock opened.
|01/10/1904||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
The first vessel enters the Grange Dock. (The 1891 SS Corunna of Donald Currie and Co, Leith.)
|02/04/1906||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
Grange Dock opened to shipment of coal.