This siding was north west of Tain and served the Glenmorangie Distillery. The siding was on the south west side of the line and approached from the Inverness direction. There was a loading bank and the siding had a long headshunt.
A signal box opened in 1897. It closed in 1903 when replaced by a ground frame.
The siding closed in 1970. Afterwards traffic was handled at Tain station and carried by road, the traffic has ceased. The railway remains open.
The distillery remains very in operation.
| Tain Shed|
Dornoch Firth Crossing
Inchindown Oil Storage Facility
Hilton of Cadboll Chapel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway (Railway History)
Highland Railway (The David & Charles series)
Highland Railway Album
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Highland Railway