Glengarnock Iron Siding (1840-1882)
Glengarnock Signal Box [1st] (1882-1905)
Glengarnock No 1 Signal Box (1905-1937)
Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This junction was taken out in 1937.
The junction originally opened as the iron siding for Glengarnock Iron Works. It provided a northern approach to the blast furnaces.
A signal box was opened (date assumed 1882) to control the junction.
With the opening of the line via Kilbarchan the box was renamed from Glengarnock Signal Box to Glengarnock No 1 Signal Box, to avoid confusion with the renamed Kilbirnie Signal Box (which became Glengarnock No 2 Signal Box).
The connection and box closed in 1937, and the No 2 box was renamed again to Glengarnock Signal Box.
Dalry Junction [Station]
Other railway and industry locations
Glengarnock No 1 Signal Box
Glengarnock Blast furnaces
Glengarnock Iron and Steel Works
Glengarnock Ironworks, Bessemer Convertor Shop
Glengarnock Signal Box
Glengarnock Steelworks Girder Shop
Glengarnock Steelworks rail bank
Glengarnock Steelworks Melting Shop
Glengarnock Ironstone Pit No 6
Glengarnock Phosphate Works
Glengarnock Steelworks Rolling Mill
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|