Opened on the Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway.
This station had two platforms, the eastbound platform being an island with possibly a second face on its north side. The main station building and signal box were on the westbound platform.
A line, approached from the east, passed round the eastbound platform. This served a set of sidings and the Garnkirk Fire Clay Works (later the Saracen Tube Works) from the east. The works was on the north side of the line at the west end of the station. A tramway had extended further north to serve limestone pits.
To the east, and also to the north of the line, was the Heathfield Fire Clay Works served from the eastbound platform loop.
To the south west was Gartloch Distillery, the warehouses of which were accessed by a siding running from the west side of the station.
Garnkirk closed to passengers in 1960. The box (dating from 1889) closed in 1965.
Today little remains of the station.
Garnkirk village was a series of rows built to the north of the Garnkirk Fire Clay Works. Garnkirk House (now Crowwood Golf Club was further north.
Bridgend [M and K]
Other railway and industry locations
Garnkirk Fireclay Works
Heathfield Fireclay Works
Heathfield Pit No 3
Gartcosh Brickworks Signal Box
Cardowan Fireclay Works
Cardowan Signal Box
Cardowan Fireclay Pit
Gartcosh Fireclay Works
Russell Depot Gartcosh
Steps Road Carriage Shed
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|