This was a two platform station which closed in 1985 and remains largely intact. The platforms remain. The main station building, a ground floor with attic and short platform canopy, is on the eastbound platform, marked 1847. A waiting shelter remains on the westbound. The lattice footbridge also remains, with the timber footway removed for safety.
There was a goods yard on the north side, approached from the east.
By reversal in the goods yard a long siding reached Ninetree Brae.
A much longer siding (a short branch) ran from the goods yard north to North Inchmichael.
A single siding of the goods yard remains, in use as a permanent way siding although largely overgrown now.
To the west of the station is a level crossing and a 1877 signal box (^B^ listed), still in use. (A building on the north side which appears to be a railway cottage is not, it is the South Lodge for Megginch Castle, off to the west.)
Errol itself is over a mile away to the south.
| North Inchmichael|
Grange Signal Box [D and PR]
Pitfour Clay Pit
Pitfour Brick and Tile Works
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Heavy Horse Centre
Firth of Tay
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|28/09/1960||Dundee and Perth Railway|
Errol closed to passengers.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways