Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Where: Moray
This four road shed replaced Elgin Shed [1st]. It was probably opened in 1902, the great reconstruction of Elgin [GNSR] station. This rebuilding made access to the original shed awkward and, with steady increase in traffic, inadequate with its two roads.
The new shed was further east and was accessed from the west, from Elgin [GNSR]. It stood south of the railway with a turntable to its north. It was a little east of Elgin East Junction with the ^coast^ and ^glen^ routes dividing to its north. Its site was north of the former Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway alignment.
The shed closed in 1968 but still stands, in non railway use.
Greens of Drainie
Rifle Range Halt
| Elgin Gas Works|
Elgin East Junction
Elgin East Coal Yard
Elgin Shed [1st]
Elgin Centre Signal Box
Linksfield Level Crossing
Glen Moray Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The Travellers Joy: The Story of the Morayshire Railway