Dullator East Signal Box

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Dullator East Signal Box (1913-1971)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.


Description

This signal box opened east of Dullator station to serve Dullator Colliery (on the north side of the line) and Dullator Sand Quarry (south side). The colliery originally opened in 1913 but failed by 1914 before being resunk in 1934.

The colliery was served from looped sidings on the north side of the line, from which sidings ran west from their eastern end.

The sand quarry had sidings on the south side, approached from the west.

The signal box was on the south side of the line opposite the mine loops and immediately east of the sand quarry sidings.

The box closed in 1971.

08/05/2019

Tags

Signal box mine sidings