Location type


Name and dates

Drumchapel (1890-)

Opened on the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway.


This is a two platform station close to Old Drumchapel with Drumchapel to the north. The main station building is on the eastbound platform.

There was formerly a small goods yard on the north side of the station, approached by a long siding from the east. The signal box burned down in 1925 and was never replaced.

To the west was a reversing spur (Garscadden Siding) for the Peel Glen Waggonway (Merry and Cunningham) (later the site of the Garscadden Brick Works) and to the east a siding for Drumchapel Colliery and later a tip. The box, on the south side of the line and east of Blairdardie Road, had been provided for access to this tip which is why the goods yard siding ran so far east.