Served by the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway.
This was a Merry and Cunningham ironstone and coal colliery. It closed around 1879. Drumchapel Row was just to the north.
Probably located east of Drumchapel station on the north side of the line and approached from the west.
Scotstoun Show Yard
Other railway and industry locations
Cowdenhill Western Colliery
Knightswood Brick Works
Knightswood North Junction
St Germains Loch
Knightswood Rows (Red Town)
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)