Dighty Water Viaduct (1870-1967)
Opened on the Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway.
This is a disused single track seven arch viaduct in the north east of Broughty Ferry. A listed. It carried the direct line from Broughty Ferry to Forfar North Junction. (Also known as the Balmossie Viaduct.) The viaduct is 393 ft long overall and 78 ft high.
The trackbed is now a footpath. A short portion of the trackbed exists to either side of the viaduct. Expansion of the town has obliterated some of the trackbed.
Other railway and industry locations
Dighty Water Viaduct
Broughty Ferry Goods
Broughty Ferry Shed
Tayport Spinning Mill Siding
Tay Oilcake Works
Tayport Spinning Mill
Ardestie Earth House
Carlungie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|